Director of Monitoring and Evaluation – USAID Cameroon President’s Malaria Initiative Bilateral (Proposal) – Cameroon
For the past 40 years, MCD Global Health (MCD) has worked to strengthen health systems through integrated, sustainable, and locally-led interventions across multiple public health sectors. MCD works with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: water, sanitation and hygiene; fight against malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; Zika; and other communicable diseases.
MCD is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for the planned five-year, bilateral, USAID-funded President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) project. The project aims to improve access to timely, quality and well-researched malaria testing and treatment by providing community health workers with training and supervision to provide effective, quality care.
The M&E Director will lead the project’s monitoring, evaluation, and operational research efforts. This position must develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting plans, systems and tools that include project indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to assess performance and produce timely, accurate and timely reports. complete. In addition, this position will contribute to continuously improving project implementation based on M&E findings. This position would also play a key role in supporting the knowledge management of the project and the completion of a learning plan to accomplish the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices from the project.
This is a key position within the project team and is dependent on successful award to MCD.
Essential duties of the position:
• Work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) to provide technical support in building the capacity of the Ministry of Health and other key government actors and project partners to monitor and evaluate project results;
• Develop and oversee the implementation of the Project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) which includes plans for collecting baseline data and setting targets and results that contribute to improving result level indicators to be measured annually by USAID/Cameroon;
• Take primary responsibility for monitoring, evaluation and learning of all project activities, and lead the development of platforms to share lessons learned with GOM and partners, donors and key malaria stakeholders in Cameroon and the region;
• Oversee and lead the development of project M&E systems, procedures and tools;
• Lead all project baseline, mid-term and endline surveys in support of project data collection and analysis to inform project interventions and national policy formulation;
• Ensure the availability and use of high quality data for decision-making;
• Support the COP in the development of M&E sections of quarterly and annual reports, and contribute substantively to the annual planning process with respect to M&E and learning objectives, targets and activities;
• Train and mentor project staff on relevant aspects of monitoring and evaluation of project implementation;
• Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategy for synthesizing and disseminating key findings, lessons learned and other project research and survey findings.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
• A master’s degree in demography, public health, social sciences or a related field is desirable.
• A minimum of 7 years of direct professional experience in Cameroon or in the West Africa region as a senior expert in monitoring and evaluation in the health/malaria sector;
• Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and/or presentation;
• Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills, with a proven ability to work effectively with multiple host country counterparts in the public sector and NGOs;
• Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation of malaria and/or health programs, with extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of health data information systems, preferably in Cameroon;
• Familiarity with USAID management and reporting requirements and systems, indicators, and the M&E and Learning (MEL) framework;
• Excellent command of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and data management and statistics software, for example Stata, SPSS, Epi-info, MS Access;
• Experience in mentoring peers in monitoring and evaluation, database management, data analysis using the software identified above;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
• Previous work experience in Cameroon is strongly preferred. Preference would be given to Cameroonian nationals.
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon Schedule: Grade 11 full-time
How to register
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to [email protected] by August 31, 2022. Remuneration will be based on USAID FSN scales.